Let’s talk all about movie night snack tray ideas.
Guests LOVE a beautiful movie night snack board.
BUT, as hosts, it can be difficult to create a stunning traditional charcuterie board ON A BUDGET!
I set on a challenge to create a beautiful snack tray just using dollar store items and I am going to show you EXACTLY what I did to RECREATE FOR YOURSELF.
Create these ideas for your next date night, the holiday season, or night of movie marathons!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I do earn a small commission when my links are used, at no extra cost to you. Find full disclosure here.
Everything to Make Movie Night Snack Trays
Set Up Your Living Room
How can you enjoy your favorite movies and delicious snacks without a nicely decorated table?
Coffee tables or ottomans make for a perfect place to set up your movie night snacks board.
You also want to make sure that your living room has a theme.
Lucky for you, I go in depth about movie night themes and can help give your movie night a great presentation!
Recreate your living room with these movie night DECOR ideas:
- Table covers (YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED THIS. I almost forgot this at the dollar store and if I didn’t have it I would have made a MESS since crumbs are inevitable)
- Comfy chairs
- Balloons (great for birthday parties)
Choose a Good Charcuterie Board
It is ESSENTIAL to have a tray or wooden board to host a movie night with friends and family.
Although, I already had a wooden charcuterie board at home (this is a similar charcuterie board if you want to recreate to your fullest potential), I found a large platter at the dollar store which you can see here.
These clear trays are perfect to have for your next movie night because they make the table setting SO CUTE.. plus they were soooo easy to CLEAN.
Also, while I was at the dollar store prepping for another blog post (making a TASTY ice cream sundae bar), I found shiny silver serving trays too!!
I figured these would also be perfect to add to a movie night party.
Recreate with these movie night CHARCUTERIE BOARD ideas:
- Wooden board (you can use as a traditional charcuterie board like I did if you have one at home)
- Serving tray
- Cookie sheet
Make a Dessert Board
If you, your friends or family have a sweet tooth, they will appreciate a dessert board with all their favorite sweets and favorite movie snacks.
When I hosted my movie night 2 days ago, my guests absolutely RAVED about how many dessert choices I had on our movie night board.. (even I felt excited and I’m not even a sweet tooth myself)!
I should also mention that if your family or friends aren’t crazy about sweet snacks, you can opt to add fresh fruit, sliced veggies or peanut butter with celery.
You can’t go wrong with finger foods that your family loves!
Recreate with these SWEET TREATS in a candy cup of their own:
- Gummy bears (or sour gummy worms)
- Chocolate bars
- Red Vines
- Caramel corn
- Candy canes
- Classic chocolate chip cookies
- Junior Mints
- Small candies
Make a Salty Snacks Board
I might be a little biased, but my FAVORITE SNACKS are SALTY SNACKS.
A fun way to make your movie night snack board better is adding sour cream or a small bowl of spinach dip to your tray!
ALSO, at the dollar store I found some cute popcorn bags and popcorn trays!
Trust me, even without fancy popcorn your guests will love to have their own popcorn boxes.. makes them feel a little special 😉
Recreate with these SALTY SNACKS ideas:
- Popcorn (I found buttery popcorn and caramel corn at the dollar store)
- Chips (Hot Cheetos, potato, etc.)
- Pita chips
Add Movie Meal Choices
My guests and I definitely ate a good meal before the movie began!
If you are hosting dinner as well, it will be important to have food choices available that pair well with a movie.
Recreate with these FOOD ideas:
- Pizza rolls
- Wings (Boneless barbecue wings and spicy barbecue wings are my family’s favorite)
With so much food and good movie night snacks on your table, your whole family will want something to sip on!
Give your guests a variety of beverages to choose from that go great with your snack foods.
As always, have in mind that as a host you will be on clean up duty so make cleaning an easy task here.
Recreate with these BEVERAGES:
- Juice (I love adding Caprisuns)
Must-Have Movie Night Accessories
I wish I can say that hosting the ULTIMATE movie night is as simple as gathering your favorite treats and dumping them on a board.
PRESENTATION matters with your movie night snack tray ideas.
You will want to gather utensils and supplies AHEAD OF TIME to present your snacks beautifully.
Small bowls can also help you display your tray of snacks nicely!!
Recreate with these movie night ACCESSORIES:
- Microwave popcorn popper (if you host a bunch of movie nights, a more budget-friendly option then buying microwaveable popcorn bags is getting a microwave popper and only getting popcorn kernels at the dollar store. PLUS, you can add all the seasons you want)
- Popcorn bags (or popcorn containers)
- Small bowls
- Cups and cup holder
- Gummy Bears
- Gummy Worms
- Mini Chocolates
- Mini Candies
- Mini Cookies
- Cheesy Popcorn
- Buttery Popcorn
- Spicy Chips
- Pizza Rolls
- Set up 3 trays on a table.
- On the first tray, set up desserts and sweet treats. You can add mini chocolates, candies or caramel popcorn.
- On the second tray, add salty snacks. Place pretzels, chips or salty popcorn on this tray.
- On the third tray, add a meal of your choice. You can choose pizza or nachos.
- Add beverages of your choice (soda, water, or juice).
- Have napkins ready. That is all!
I did not add calories to this recipe because it depends on which snacks you choose and how many guests you are preparing for.
Happy You Are Here!
I hope this post helped you create the PERFECT movie snack board. Make a list of your favorite candy and salty snacks to grab at the dollar store! Let me know how recreating a mini movie theater concession stand goes for you!! You can add to your snack tray with even more movie night ideas!
Summary of Post: This post was all about movie night snack tray ideas.
Other Posts You May Enjoy!